This is a pretty quick and easy stir fry dish. I love stir fry, but I find it can be a bit heavy. I decided I wanted a vegetarian dish for dinner, and this is it. The biggest time consumer is getting the carrots to be roughly the same size. I found that I like the appearance better when the vegetables are all approximately the same size and shape. Next time I think I’ll add some zucchini to this and see how it affects the calories.
Veggie Stir Fry
This delicious stir fry takes very little time to prep and cook. It’s colorful, tasty, and best of all, only 151 calories! Serve it on sticky rice, but keep in mind that the calorie count here does not include the rice.
Fresh veggies are best, don’t use frozen ones because they don’t have the same texture.
Too bland? Add additional spices!
8oz snow peas
8oz baby corn
8oz carrot sticks
5oz sliced sweet peppers
1Tbs minced ginger
4 garlic cloves
2Tbs cottonseed oil
2Tbs low sodium soy sauce
1t Chinese five spice
- Heat wok with oil, add half the ginger, garlic, and scallions.
- Once the aromatics have softened, add the carrots and cook until almost tender, stirring well.
- Add the snow peas, corn, and water and stir well.
- Add the sliced peppers and stir well until everything is tender, but not wilted.
- Add the remaining ginger, garlic and scallions.
- Add the soy sauce, five spice, and salt, stir to combine.
- Cottonseed oil is House Of Tsang Wok Oil.
- Serve over white rice.