I make a nice compound butter with adobo sauce and chipotles, but being on a diet, I’m trying to take it easy on the butter. Usually I roast the corn and douse it in butter after the fact, but this time I decided to roast the corn with the butter (very little!) and adobo on it. Added a bit of lime juice and some garlic to provide depth. Really really good!
Adobo and Lime Roasted Corn
I love corn, especially when roasted in foil on the grill! Add some adobo and lime and what could possibly go wrong? Nothing, that’s what. Absolutely nothing!
3 ears of corn
1 tbs butter
1 tsp adobo sauce
2 cloves garlic
1 tbsp fresh cilantro leaves
Dash freshly ground pepper
- Soften the butter and mix well with the adobe sauce
- Finely mince garlic and cilantro leaves, add to the adobe and butter mixture
- Squeeze the lime into the butter adobo
- Add salt and pepper
- Blend well and allow to sit for about 10 minutes to firm up
- Coat the corn with the butter adobo mixture
- Wrap tightly in foil and grill until corn is tender